- Performs varied secretarial, administrative and financial duties for a local, well-established Charlotte Roofing Contractor.
- Provide clerical support and executive assistance to Pinnacle Roofing & Exteriors, Inc. CEO on an as needed basis.
- Provide support to Sales Team with CRM data input and updating schedule accordingly
- Maintains Up to Date HR Manual with all necessary documentation for employees and company; (i.e. Insurance, Personnel Files, Permits) while ensuring confidentiality and controlling access to sensitive information
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information, and forwards all requests to appropriate parties
- Serves as an internal resource to administrators or staff on departmental and company procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events.
- Arranges with vendors for services, prepares invoices, gathers and organizes supporting information, oversees production times and dates, and manages roofing material ordering and proper distribution and delivery of related items.
- Oversees all office operations, including maintaining proper inventory levels for supplies, hard goods and select roofing materials
- Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workload by maintaining up to the day job reconciliation.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate’s degree
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Primary Focus on Quality and Workmanship
- Microsoft Office Suite & QuickBooks Online
Assistant Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in estimating projects by on-site visits and/or Planswift
- Ensure estimates are properly recorded with detailed costs and materials needed
- Add approved estimates to the schedule and communicate to appropriate parties
- Print detailed scopes for crews
- Keep pricing up to date for estimating sheets
- Print detailed scopes for crews
- Generate deposit invoice, progress and final billings as needed within contractor pay cycles
- Approve payroll as necessary
- Ensure change orders are accounted for and billed accordingly
- Closing completed job folders, ensuring all scopes have been billed and costs are posted correctly
- Pick up customer payments as needed
- Attend site meetings with Project Managers & Superintendents; create to-do lists as necessary
- Hold field accountable for turning in work orders and time cards
- Print job scopes and project details for field staff
- Manage overall schedule and communicate schedule to clients / internal staff accordingly
- Source materials or pick up materials as needed
Customer Service and Sales
- Phone calls with prospective clients and manage appointments
- First contact for clients that need assistance and can’t reach Project Manager or Superintendent
- General feedback on sales and customer service ideas
Administrative and Office Management
- QuickBooks and BuilderTREND knowledge
- Liaison between office staff and field personnel; ensure Accounting is kept up to date on current projects
- Misc. errands as needed
- Assist with the completion of all projects with the highest quality and efficiency, regardless of customer, size or type of job
- Assist with the management of projects through effective communication and cooperation with all involved parties to produce exceptional results and lasting client satisfaction
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational and professional opportunities
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
Custom residential construction experience a plus
Microsoft Excel, Word and Planswift experience
QuickBooks experience a plus
Ability to read blue prints
Strong organizational skills
Ability to multitask and strong organizational skills
High level of customer service skills; focus on responding to and anticipating client’s needs
Shows leadership characteristics and ability to complete tasks without direct supervision
Strong personal and business ethics
The willingness to do whatever is necessary to provide a superior customer experience
Civic minded and actively involved in his or her community
Superintendent Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and communicate scheduling multiple projects and crews efficiently, prioritizing as necessary
- Coordinate material ordering and delivery; ensure shop is properly stocked with commonly used materials
- Keep progress of jobs on track as pertaining to schedule and time allotted.
- Review plans, pricing and schedule with Project Manager during pre-construction and throughout the job as necessary
- Ensure completion of all projects with the highest quality and efficiency, regardless of customer, size or type of job
- Lead crews as applicable
- Inspect job site for cleanliness every day; Ensure all debris and nails are removed
- Review all projects prior to completion to ensure entire scope completed, any damages are noted and repaired and client is satisfied with quality of work completed.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with crews
- Educate co-workers on proper roofing fundamentals and safety practices as applicable
- Work hand-in-hand with co-workers to show leadership by example
- Act as a mentor to and assist in training as applicable.
- Update industry and safety knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; training;reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- 5+ years of residential roofing industry experience; asphalt shingle, metal, slate and cedar shakes.
- Ability to read blueprints and attention to detail is a must
- Driver’s license a must; own transportation a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong personal and business ethics
- Professional appearance and communication
- Ability to multitask and strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and demeanor are necessary for this position; ability to handle difficult clients and provide a high level of customer service is required
- Shows leadership characteristics and ability to complete tasks without direct supervision